Search

Church of St James Major

Železný Brod
Železný Brod, 468 22

The monument is accessible for free

Monument will be open:
18.9.2021 from 10:00 to 12:00 hours, from 13:00 to 15:00 hours

A short organ concert will take place at 1:30 pm.

Responsible person
Name: Jan
Family name: Jucha
Phone: 731479031
The late Baroque single-aisle church from 1762-63, with semicircular presbytery, sacristy and chapel, is part of the dominant complex in the right-bank district of Železný Brod, which also includes a vicarage, charnel house, bell tower, staircase and wall. The first reference to the church dates from 1352. In the late 17th century the structure, probably of wood, was converted into a masonry single-aisle building. In 1762-63 the church was expanded and remodelled (funding provided by Karel Josef Desfours).
 
 

The present appearance of the church dates from a remodelling in 1762-63.

kostel sv. Jakuba se zvonicí
kostel sv. Jakuba Většího
kostel sv. Jakuba Většího
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load