Search

Church of the Annunciation

Kladská ul.
Šumperk, 787 01

Built in Gothic style and incorporated into the (Dominican) Monastery of the Friars Preachers founded in 1293. In 1669 the church and monastery were devastated by fire, and in the 1680s the church was remodelled in Baroque style. The side Chapel of St John of Nepomuk, with frescos by Ignac Oderlický, and the Bohemian Chapel were added in the 1st half of 18th century. In 1784 the monastery was dissolved, the church has been in the possession of the municipality since mid-19th century. Between 1991 and 2005, 35 million CZK were invested in complete renovation of the structure and movables of the church, which now serves also cultural purposes.
 
 

The church and monastery burnt down in 1669 and they were reconstructed in the baroque style in the 1680s.

pano
pano2642016
BOB 5146
BOB 5905
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load