Search

Former Augustinian Monastery

Farní
Šternberk, 785 01

The present appearance of the former monastery, close to Šternberk Castle, dates from the 18th century and is a product of creative activities of its last provosts. With the Parish church, it is the most prominent Baroque architecture in the town. The provostship building, now the vicarage, was built under provost Patrik Vavřinec Lehmann, probably in the years 1718-1723. The friary proper was designed by Antonio Beduzzi and built under provost Jan Josef Glätzl in the 1730-40s. Ornamentation is the work of Moravian Baroque artists - painter Kryštof Handke, sculptors Filip Sattler and others.
 
 
Budova bývalého augustiniánského kláštera
Handkeho malby, sál děkanství kanonie
Nádvoří Šternberského kláštera
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load