Search

Former prison

Politických vězňů
Uherské Hradiště, 686 01

The neo-Renaissance Palace of Justice with prison, built 1891-1897, was the first project outside the stronghold area. It replaced a prison in Františkánská Street, which was destroyed by fire in 1891. During World War II, it was used as a remand prison before transportation to concentration camps. In 1945, there were trials by Special People´s Courts and public executions, and during the ignominious communist period in the 1950s, farmers who did not want to give up their properties were subjected to ill-treatment here. The prison was abolished in the 1960s, the building is now used by the Industrial Arts School.
 
 

Related articles

bývalá věznice
chodba bývalé věznice
nádvoří bývalé věznice
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load