Search

Church of St Francis Xavier

Masarykovo náměstí
Uherské Hradiště, 686 01

The monument is accessible for free

Monument will be open:
10.9.2022 from 9:00 to 17:00 hours
11.9.2022 from 13:00 to 17:00 hours

Responsible person
Name: P. Josef
Family name: Říha
Phone: 736522845
The design was based on the Il Gesú Church by da Vignola in Rome, but the cross aisle with cupola was left out. The church was built in 1670-86, to the design by Jan Dominik Orsi de Orsini. A flood in 1997 exposed a fresco by Domenico Gagina from 1681. The chapel features a Baroque reliquary of St Victoria, renovated in 2006. A sensitive revitalisation of the 300 years old timberwork and new roofing were completed in 2007. The bodily remains of the foundress of the Jesuit college, Kateřina Zoubková of Zdětín, are in the tomb in front of the high altar.
 
 

Related articles

farní kostel
farní kostel interiér
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load