Search

Church of the Annunciation

Františkánská
Uherské Hradiště, 686 01

The monument is accessible for free

Monument will be open:
10.9.2022 from 9:00 to 17:00 hours
11.9.2022 from 13:00 to 17:00 hours

Responsible person
Name: Felix Maria
Family name: Žiška
Phone: 731229459
Built as part of the Franciscan monastery of the Order of Friars Minor in the early 16th century, with elements of the late Gothic "Vladislav" style, later affected by weather catastrophes and fires. Radical reconstructions in the 17th and 18th centuries left intact only the peripheral masonry of the presbytery of the church. After a fire in 1894 the main altar and side chapels were restyled and paintings on the ceilings were restored, Joža Úprka was involved in the renovations. The tower with the Baroque-inspired dome was built in 1934. The tombstone of the monastery founder, bishop Jan Filipec, has been preserved in the interior.
 
 

Related articles

areál bývalého františkánského kláštera
interiér kostela Zvěstování Panny Marie
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load