Search

Jesuit monastery cellars

Masarykovo náměstí 21
Uherské Hradiště, 686 01

The early Baroque vaulted space under the southwest wing was the initial structure of the Jesuit complex in 1654, and the college was later erected above it. The space, with masonry walls, and barrel and groined brick vaults, had been unused until the early 1990s. The degraded vaults were then cleaned and repaired, and started to be used by the Monastery Wine Cellar and Restaurant. In 1997 it was hit by floods, and did not reopen until 2002. Currently it houses the Slovacko Wines Gallery.
 
 
bývalá jezuitská kolej
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load