Search

Former Franciscan monastery

Velehradská třída 124
Uherské Hradiště, 686 01

The monument is accessible for free

Monument will be open: 11.9.2021 to 12.9.2021: from 9:00 to 17:00 hours

The role of guides through the refectory and basement of the former monastery will be taken by students of the Gymnasium in Uherské Hradiště.

Responsible person
Name: Mgr. Lukáš
Family name: Čoupek
Phone: 606 666 721
Founded in 1490 by Jan Filipec, Olomouc Bishopric administrator who is buried here. Over the centuries the monastery was devastated by fires several times. Baroque alterations were made in the 18th century. Stucco ornamentation of the refectory hall by Baltazar Fontana is considered one of the best preserved Baroque interiors in Moravia. The dominant tower with a Baroque-inspired dome was built in 1934. Revitalisation of the building was completed in 1996, it now houses a section of the Moravian Land Archives.
 
 

Related articles

areál bývalého františkánského kláštera
rajská zahrada bývalého františkánského kláštera
refektář bývalého františkánského  kláštera
bývalý františkánský klášter noční
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load