Search

Former synagogue

Velehradská třída 714
Uherské Hradiště, 686 01

The monument is accessible for free

Monument will be open: 11.9.2021 to 12.9.2021: from 9:00 to 17:00 hours

Visitors will be guided through the building and its history by students of the Gymnasium in Uherské Hradiště.

Responsible person
Name: Bc. Radovan
Family name: Jančář
Phone: 724 151 745
Former Jewish synagogue built 1875 in the historicising style, Art Nouveau alterations were carried out and a cupola was added in 1904. Burned down by the Nazis in World War II, converted into a House of Culture after 1945. The addition of an interior level liquidated the sacred hall and turned the building into a two-storey one, the cupola was not restored. From the mid-1960s it houses a library. During renovation in the 1990s, original exterior architecture, including the cupola, was restored and the attic was newly added to the library space. The cupola is used as a lookout point, but has no wheelchair access.
 
 

Related articles

bývalá synagoga
bývalá synagoga
kopule synagogy
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load