Search

Former Jesuit College

Masarykovo náměstí 21
Uherské Hradiště, 686 01

The monument is accessible for free

Monument will be open: 10.9.2022 to 11.9.2022: from 9:00 to 17:00 hours

The building houses the Exposition of the History of the Town, the Municipal Information Centre and the Joža Uprka Gallery for a reduced admission fee.

Responsible person
Name: Libuše
Family name: Hradilová
Phone: 572525242
Construction began in 1654 on land granted to the Jesuits by the municipality. The founding was not easy as the subsoil was watery and wooden girders had thus to be put under the deep foundations. In 1662 it started to be used as a college, but after the Joseph II reforms it was turned into a barracks and field hospital. In the 1950s, it was used by small services shops. A reconstruction completed in 2012 removed the added walls and alterations and the complex is now used for cultural purposes, e.g. gallery, town exhibitions, information centre, sale of traditional folk products, etc.
 
 

Related articles

bývalá jezuitská kolej
nádvoří bývalé jezuitská koleje
interiér bývalé jezuitské koleje
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load