Search

Church of St John the Baptist's Nativity

Kostelní 267
Přibyslav, 582 22

The church, first documented in 1265, was built probably in the Gothic style but completely converted to Baroque in 1750-1753, in 1767 its roof was destroyed by fire (restored in the same year), and renovated by A.Sucharda in 1891, consecrated in 1753. It is used by the Roman Catholic Parish, and for concerts by the Municipality of Přibyslav. Nearby is the tombstone of industrialist Josef Hesse with a statue of Christ by sculptor Josef Max, and the grave of Jan Brůžek, teacher of Karel Havlíček Borovský, and a Marian column by sculptor Roman Podrázský.
 
 
Přibyslav   kostel 1
Přibyslav   kostel 2
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load