Search

Military cemetery

Čížovská
Písek, 397 01

One of Písek cemeteries, established in 1914, the year of outbreak of the First World War, as a burial place for soldiers who died in the war.
 
 

The new burial site was founded on the former military training grounds at the end of 1914. During the Second World War and after it, both German and Soviet soldiers were buried here, and after 1945 also convicts executed for collaboration with the Nazis. It was managed by the army until 2004, now by the municipality. The complex includes 352 individual graves and two mass burial sites. By the entrance is a chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows and two large monuments: the Genius donated by the 11th infantry regiment, and memorial to the fallen of WWI (1914-1918).  

Vojenský hřbitov Písek
Vojenský hřbitov Písek
Vojenský hřbitov Písek
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load