Church of the Assumption

Žerotínova 24/68
Nový Jičín, 741 01

The monument is accessible for free

Monument will be open: 10.9.2022 from 9:00 to 17:00 hours

As part of the EHD, a concert by the Ondráš Choir will take place at 11:00 a.m. in the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary.

Responsible person
Name: Karel
Family name: Bednář
Phone: 731625671
The Baroque structure of the parish church was erected on the site of a demolished older Gothic church in 1729 - 1732.

The Baroque parish church was built 1729 - 1732 on the site of a demolished Gothic one. The singular interior decoration from the mid-18th century is the work of painters Eliáš František Herbert and Jan Jiří Fröml, the authors of the sculptures are Ondřej Zahner and Jan Kammereit, and the neo-Classical organ comes from the workshop of František Horčička at Frýdek (1745-1800). The construction of the church tower was started in 1587 and completed in 1618. Devastated by fire in 1844, it was reconstructed to plans by Nový Jičín builder Ignác Kloss (1805-1881), receiving its present height of 66 m. A municipal cemetery was situated in its vicinity until late 18th century.

Kostel Nanebevzetí Panny Marie
Kostel Nabevzeti Panny Marie
Kostel Nanebevzetí Panny Marie
Věž kostela Nanebevzetí Panny Marie
Kostel Nanebevzetí Panny Marie
Oltář v kostele Nanebevzetí Panny Marie
Oltář v kostele Nanebevzetí Panny Marie

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022