Search

Municipal power plant and switch facility - Kadaň

Skalní
Kadaň, 432 01

The plant was built in 1913 as a subsidiary power source for periods of water shortage in the Ohře river. Energy was produced by a three-cylinder Diesel engine driving a 375 kW/h generator. The house comprised a switch room, mechanical workshop, Landis&Gyr electrometers calibration room, engine coil winding shop, and two flats. Like the town hall, schools and sports facilities, it employed primarily Kadaň residents, and married ones had free electricity supply.
 
 

Related articles

Dist  trans  stanice  Diesel
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load