Search

Church of St Lawrence

Komenského
Jilemnice, 514 01

The church complex with the vicarage, sculptures and surrounding structures is an example of high-quality Baroque urban development. The church was founded in 1729, and experienced several fires (1788, 1803, 1838). Meriting special attention no doubt are the recently restored paintings of St Anne and Death of St Joseph. In 2012 the iron cross and cupola on the main tower were replaced with exact replicas of the original cross and cupola from 1927, the precise dimensions of which are documented in historic sources.
 
 


Related articles

Kostel od SV
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load