Search

Tower of the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in Ivančice

Palackého nám.
Ivančice, 664 91

The central square of Ivančice is dominated by the tower of the parish church, which originally stood alone and had a defensive function. The present church probably stands on the place where its wooden predecessor stood. According to the available materials, it can be assumed that the construction of the present church was started in 1288, when the town was promoted to the status of a royal town.
 
 


[Group 0] P4301681 P4301683 3 images
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load