Search

Municipal Library

Hluboká 1
Jihlava, 586 01

Originally a Jesuit college opened in 1727, funded by Stein brothers whose emblem adorns the Baroque portal of the main entrance. On the 2nd storey are Renaissance frescos transferred here from the demolished house at 49 Masarykovo Square in 1935.
 
 

Extensive remodelling in the mid-19th century left intact the theatre hall on the 3rd floor where the first opera performed in Jihlava was staged in 1740. The town purchased the building in 1890 to accommodate troops. It housed archives for 40 years from 1961, and the Municipal Library since 2003.

Monument normally open to the public.

open Mon, Wed-Fri  9.00-18.00

KNIHOVNA
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load