Search

Gustav Mahler´s house

Znojemská 1089/4
Jihlava, 586 01

The monument is accessible for free

Monument will be open:
4.9.2021 from 9:00 to 12:00 hours, from 12:30 to 17:00 hours

14:30 guided tour of the exhibitions, 16:00 Vladimír Kiseljov: The Passion Brothers - Wagner / Bruckner / Mahler - exhibition closing and guided tour with the author

Responsible person
Name: Jana
Family name: Součková
Phone: 739609444
The house is now used mainly for exhibitions. Permanent exposition on Gustav Mahler´s life.
 
 

Young Gustav Mahler lived here until 1875. He sold the house after his parents' death in 1889. After WWII , house no.4 was confiscated as German property, transferred to the ownership of the municipality and then the state. On 19 June 1960 a memorial tablet by sculptor Milan Knobloch was unveiled on the façade of the house in commemoration of Mahler's 100th birthday anniversary. It recalls that the composer lived in houses nos. 4 and 6 in 1860-1875. In 1993-2000 the house was gradually renovated, since 2001 administered by the Municipal Library. It has been used mainly for exhibitions.

DGM exterier
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load