Search

Former barracks

Karlova 111
Písek, 397 01

The monument is accessible for free

Monument will be open: 18.9.2021 from 9:00 to 12:00 hours

As part of the European Heritage Days 2021, the courtyard of the former barracks building at Karlova 11/4 will be open to visitors with an exhibition on the theme: City Barracks 1753-1902. 

Responsible person
Name: Pašek
Family name: Ivo
Phone: 382330213
The former 18th-century barracks housed schools throughout the 20th century. Today the building is leased for non-residential purposes.
 
 

Built between 1753 and 1767, the barracks was the largest structure in the town. The builder incorporated the north wing of the former royal castle into the complex, and as a result one of the grand halls, the arcades and tower were destroyed. Due to reconstruction, the present barracks wing in Karlova Street is of a later date - it was built 1848-1850 in neo-Classical style and had an arcade, which was however bricked up later. Soldiers stayed here until the early 20th century. After them the complex housed a secondary school, municipal archive, and till 2013 a business school.

Bývalé kasárny v Písku
Bývalé kasárny v Písku
Bývalé kasárny v Písku
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load