Kostel sv. Gorazda - OlomoucKostel sv. Gorazda - Olomouc
Bastion No. X / Ravelin No. XIV / Bastion No. IX - JaroměřBastion No. X / Ravelin No. XIV / Bastion No. IX - Jaroměř
Městská kasárna - OlomoucMěstská kasárna - Olomouc
Husův sbor ve Vršovicích a Divadlo MANAHusův sbor ve Vršovicích a Divadlo MANA

Search

Church of the Virgin´s Nativity at Sady quarter

Sady
Uherské Hradiště, 686 01

Historic sources mention a Marian chapel donated by Duke Ulrich of Carinthia to the Velehrad monastery in 1247.
 
 

Historic sources mention a Marian chapel donated to the Velehrad Monastery by Duke Ulrich of Carinthia in 1247, some historians are convinced that it was situated in the quarter now called Sady.  A church was built here in the 15th century, and its rib-vaulted presbytery with a polygonal ending and figural ornamentation has survived till the present day.

In the 18th century, the nave was remodelled in the Baroque style. In 1876 the church was devastated by fire, and repaired in the next year. Further interior alterations were made in 1893, when a new pseudo-Gothic altar by Josef Runfgeldier from Tyrol was installed. In 1895, an original Gothic window was uncovered, and in 1906 Matěj Strmiska installed a new organ. Amateur archaeologist Antoš Horsák explored the cellars under the old ossuary in 1937.

The church is a single-aisle oriented structure with a polygonal ending of the presbytery, an oblong sacristy on the south side of the presbytery and a quadrilateral tower on the front façade.

 

kostel Narození Panny Marie v Sadech
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load