Search

Church of St Cunegund

Rokytno 75
Nové Město na Moravě, 592 31

The oldest part of the Church of St Cunegund is the Gothic presbytery, dating from the late 14th century. The nave was added in the 15th and the tower in the 16th centuries, as documented by the commemorative stone with the coat-of-arms of Vilém Dubský of Třebomyslice, lord of the demesne, set into the sacristy wall. The Black Chapel, dated from 1739, was ornamented with frescos in folk-art style. Under the pavement between the nave and the presbytery is the crypt of the Dubský family, the original owners of the Nové Město demesne. The church exterior attracts the eye by sgraffiti decoration, the work of K. Němec, native of Nové Město, executed in 1928-1929.
 
 


kostel sv Kunhuty
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load