Search

Town Hall - Horácko Museum

Vratislavovo náměstí 114
Nové Město na Moravě, 592 31

Renaissance structure dated from 1555. The upper storey with a small tower was not built until after the fire which afflicted the town in 1723. The Austrian monarchy coat-of-arms - double-headed eagle - on top of the tower was damaged during the war between Prussia and Austria, when a Prussian soldier "adapted" the eagle into the form of the Prussian coat-of-arms by shooting off one of the heads. Shingles were used on the roof, the sgraffito decoration with the town´s coat-of-arms on the façade from the 1930s is the work of Nové Město native Karel Němec. Today the Town Hall houses the Horácko Museum.
 
 


radnice Horácké muzeum
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load