Search

University of Pardubice - historic building in Čs. Legií Square

nám. Čs. Legií 565
Pardubice, 530 02

This oldest building of the University, a protected historic monument used by the institution since its founding more than sixty years ago, was built in the neo-Renaissance style to the design by architect Jindřich Fialka in 1897. This only project of the architect in Pardubice was to become the centre of technical education in Eastern Bohemia. Characteristic features on the façade are two allegorical statues - the Geniuses of Industry and Architecture. An extensive restoration of the building (including the house in the yard with designer "technical" ornamentation), completed in 2012, created modern premises for lectures available to all the University faculties.
 
 
Univerzita
2
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load