Search

Secondary Vocational School of Textiles

Tyršova 82/1
Liberec, 460 05

Originally a school of weaving, founded in 1852, the time of rapid development of the textile industry in the Liberec region.
 
 

In its time the school was the only one of its kind in the Habsburg monarchy. In the course of time it was housed gradually in five different buildings, of which the last, built in 1910 to the design by local architect Oskar Rösler, still serves the original purpose as the Secondary Vocational School of Textiles. The entrance is flanked by  two sculptures symbolising  spinning and weaving,  the work of Heinrich Scholz of Vienna. The author of the painting "Development of Textiles" in the corridor is British impressionist R. Walter Sickert. An integral part of the school complex are vast workshops set up in the early 20th century, equipped with historic as well as modern textile machines.

 


Textilní škola
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load