Search

Church of St James Major

Jakubské náměstí
Jihlava, 586 01

Monument accessible for voluntary admission

Monument will be open:
4.9.2021 from 9:00 to 11:00 hours, from 14:00 to 16:00 hours

Guided tour at 9 a.m., guided and interpreted tour of the historic trusses, capacity min. 5 and max. 20 persons, for visitors over 15 years of age. Reservation at https://kralovska-kanonie-premonstratu-na-strahove.reenio.cz/, entrance fee 100 CZK

Responsible person
Name: Marian Jiří
Family name: Husek
Phone: 736523600
Three-aisle hall church with a long presbytery and 2 towers in the front. The north tower (63 m), now a lookout tower, was built in the early 14th century and the south one, a bell tower, was added a century later. The bell "Zuzana", the second largest bell in Moravia, was installed in 1563. Several gravestones from an abolished cemetery are set in the exterior walls of the church.
 
 

The southern (bell) tower was built 100  years later. The bell known as "Susan", the second largest beel in Moravia, was hung in 1563.

SV  JAKUB KOSTEL
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load