Search

Ústí nad Labem underground - Civil Defence Museum

Žižkova ulice
Ústí nad Labem, 400 01

WWII was entering its second half when the German government issued the command to build air raid shelters of first-class resistance. The construction of the one below the Větruše rocky elevation started in 1942, and 750 metres of underground passages were driven in the rock. In 1952-1956 it was rebuilt to serve as a 3rd-class (anti-radiation) civil defence shelter, and in 2012 converted into a Civil Defence Museum. It includes 500 m of passages open to the public, and 250 metres of the original galleries which were reopened after 70 years, but not all of them to the public.
 
 

It was converted into a Class III (atomic shelter) Civil Defence shelter in 1952-56.

Hlavni
IMG 1698
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load