Search

Decanal Church of the Assumption

Hošťálkovo náměstí
Žatec, 438 01

Originally a Romanesque basilica, the masonry of which has survived till this day in both towers. Petr Parler´s workshop participated in its Gothic reconstruction between 1340 and 1370. In 1740-1741 remodelled in Baroque style, the side Chapel of St John of Nepomuk was added in 1724-1728, and the belfry was built by Jan Pavel Loschy in 1770-1773. Historicizing alterations date from the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries, most sculptures in front of the church date from the 1st third of the 18th century and are the work of Jan Karel Vetter.
 
 


Chrám Nanebevzetí P. Marie, Hošťálkovo nám., Žatec
Galerie plastik před děkanským kostelem v Žatci
Hlavní oltář děkanského kostela v Žatci
 
 

Sdružení historických sídel
Čech, Moravy a Slezska

Opletalova ulice 29
110 00 Praha 1
Czech Republic

phone: +420 224 237 558
phone/fax: +420 224 213 166
mail: info@shscms.cz
www.shscms.cz
www.ehd.cz

Office hours:
Mo - Th: 8.00-16.00
Fr: 8.00-14.00

 
Publikační a redakční systém Public4u © 2000-2022
load